Factors to Consider In the Rebar Detailing ProcessPosted by: Nikunj Patel
In most of the structural projects now days, steel is being used as the construction material. The inclination towards steel is because of its flexible and corrosion free nature. A rebar is defined as the steel bar, which is used along with the reinforced concrete, to impart the desired shape to the structural project.
Made up of carbon steel, the rebar binds well with the concrete. It contains grooves and ridges, which provides better adherence with the concrete structures. Rebar detailing is a process in which the structural drawings and designs are being created, depicting the layout of the steel bars within the structural models.
Types of Rebar Detailing Process:
- Design standards and codes: The general building codes specify that the size and location of all the rebar elements should be shown on the designs. The other information to be shown includes the anchorage length and the mechanical connections associated with the concrete reinforcement etc. Depending upon the project locations, the design standards may vary.
- Steel grades: Grades are important to consider in the rebar detailing process. There are different grades of rebar used in the structural projects. These grades vary in their physical properties such as the chemical composition, the elongation capability, yield strength and the tensile strength.
Benefits with us:
- Three dimensional modeling, which results in a photorealistic visualization of the respective structural model
- Parametric detailing, which minimizes the chances of design errors effectively
- Access to an extensive rebar library
Rebar detailing is an essential phenomenon and is implemented in a wide range of structural projects such as the residential, commercial and industrial buildings, dams, flyovers, towers and offshore structures etc. The professional engaged in the detailing process is known as a detailer.
Before beginning the detailing process, the professional gathers all the design information from the project specifications supplied by the clients.
If you Discuss about Rebar Detailing, contact us today!
About Author: Nikunj Patel is a design engineer and loves designing specialized industrial equipments, can always be found in the lab discussing, brainstorming & tweaking designs. He has also worked on architectural projects taking interest in every aspect of design & analysis.